Going through my reader today, these posts stuck out:
Photo credit: Southern Living
The One Thing You Must Tell Your Child at Mom Heart
My Biggest Homeschool Mistake at Simple Homeschool
Wall Street Journal: College is a scam — so let’s make money off it
Chocolate Grain-Free Bread by Nourishing Gourmet
Pottery Barn Inspired Outdoor Planter… so want to make this!
After baby Josiah’s arrival, I was blessed by the local nourishing community here with some wonderful meals. It was such a treat to be pampered in this way, with food that was truly healthy and satisfying. One of the lovely ladies brought over a version of these “Snicker Snackers” – which I just loved. I have been since making them regularly as a quick protein pick up for everyone. I also appreciated that there is no baking involved, which is wonderful during the summer when the house is hot enough. They are just the perfect sweetness with just the right balance of good fats and proteins.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup raw honey
- 7 oz creamed coconut
- 2 cups chia/flax meal
- 1 1/2-2 cups finely chopped walnuts (or other nuts – macadamia, pecan, hazelnut)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded coconut (or ground sesame/sunflower seeds)
- Other optional add-ins: dried goji berries or other fruit
- Add the first 3 ingredients into a pan on low heat and mix until well combined.
- Turn off heat. Add remaining ingredients one at a time, mixing well with a spoon after each addition.
- Spoon mixture onto a 9 x 13 dish and flatten.
- Keep refrigerated to maintain shape (and prevent gooey fingers – well, to a small degree anyways).
I cut these into small little squares and leave them uncovered in the fridge for little fingers to grab whenever they want a snack. (And big fingers too) Enjoy!