It is such a beautiful day outside. The children are outdoors enjoying the spring sunshine. Though our schedule declares it to be reading time, I think the gorgeous God display in the backyard trumps. So, I went about making a newer version of our favorite gluten free cookie.
Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies – GF
Makes 3 big batches – whatever that is 🙂
- 1/2 cup organic butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking soda
- 1 tsp Real Salt
- 1 Tb vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Tb stevia extract (or few pinches of powder, or 1 tsp of green powdered herb)
- 4 pastured eggs
- 2 cups sucanat
- 3 cups sprouted rice flour (I grind the sprouted rice from Azure in my Blendtec)
- 3 cups almond flour (also from Azure)
- 1-2 cups hazelnuts, preferably roasted or soaked/dried
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add each ingredient in the order listed, one at time to the mixer.
- Leaving the mixer on low, continue blending each item one at time.
- Slowly add the nuts and chocolate chips last.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 for about 10-12 minutes.
Best enjoyed outside with a cold glass of Real, Fresh milk. Have a lovely day!