We had a really great time at our workshop this past weekend. I love sharing how God has dealt with me on how to heal the body – and lose all that baby weight in the process. My mom was in town for this workshop- what an added bonus! She is a natural health professional and was able to help identify problem areas for those present. I am so thankful for her.
Here are the slides from the presentation for those who were unable to attend:
Feel free to leave a comment if you have any questions!
Do you ever have evenings when you have no time or clue what to make? I do, especially when I do not have my menu plan set out for the week. Since it’s summer, we have plenty of vegetables, either from our local community farmers, or our own garden. Though the kids would balk if I made them eat sauteed veggies every night of the week, this recipe was an easy way to slide them in without too much grumbling from the non-veggie fans. How can anyone NOT be a veggie fan?! I still cannot possibly imagine. Thank God for all the amazing variety of vegetation for us. Such a wonderful rainbow of savory goodness He’s provided.
This recipe was enough to feed about 10 people. I used the biggest pan I have. Love one pot/pan meals. So simple, so good.
Potato Vegetable Skillet
- 6-8 red skinned potatoes, sliced, with peel on, organic (non-organic potatoes are on the worst veggies to eat inorganic because of the insane amounts of chemicals poured on them – blech)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 zucchini, chopped
- 1-2 carrots, chopped
- 2-3 colorful bell peppers, organic and chopped
- 2 big handfuls of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- coconut oil – as much as needed to keep things cooking and not burning
- Parmesan cheese, for topping, optional (well, not really – cheese makes everything good)
- Real or Pink Salt
- 3-5 cloves garlic, chopped or pressed
- Wash and chop all the veggies.
- Add all veggies to the pan with a big dose of coconut oil.
- Allow to cook thoroughly with a lid on. Stir occasionally.
- Add basil, salt and garlic a few minutes before ready to serve.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Serve with a garden salad and some sourdough bread if you like.
Enjoy these beautiful summer days!