I have really been enjoying the series done by Shoshanna called “Making Babies”. One of the tabs I have in there is for some almond bread. I made it today, and mixed it up with Elana’s Bread 2.0 recipe.
The result was a good sandwich bread. I had made the coconut flour bread earlier last week, but found it was more of a “sweet” bread, not really for sandwich making. It went great with PB&J though.
yields 1 loaf
- 1 cup almond butter
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 cup almond meal/flour (I did not blanch my almonds this time before I ground them)
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 3/4 tsp real salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- Mix all dry ingredients first.
- Add eggs, almond butter, honey, and vinegar.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour into well-greased (I use palm shortening) bread loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for about 30-35 minutes.
Enjoy! I loved this right out the oven with butter and raw honey on top.