Azure (our monthly bulk natural foods buying company) recently started carrying sprouted rice for a good price (about $2/lb for the bigger bag). So, I bought 25 lbs. I just love how gentle it is on my digestion. Rice normally makes me feel full really fast, but the sprouted doesn’t affect me that way. Of course, sprouted grains are wonderfully nutritious, so this is no surprise. But sure a pleasant benefit!
Sprouted GF Chai Pancakes
serves a ton – we use half for Saturday and warm the rest up throughout the week
- 5 eggs, pastured
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1 dropper Vanilla Nunaturals Stevia
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chai spice mix (cinnamon, ginger, clove, nutmeg, cardamom)
- 2 cups sprouted rice flour
- 2 cups sprouted buckwheat flour
- 1-2 cups water, filtered
- In Blendtec or Vitamix add 2 cups of the sprouted rice and sprouted buckwheat. Blend on the “Grind Grain” setting.
- Put dry flours into a separate bowl.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, except for the flour, to the Blendtec.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add the flour back into the Blendtec. Mix on low setting, add water as needed to get the desired pancake consistency (not too thick, but not too runny).
- Pour pancake batter from Blendtec onto a heated griddle (preferably cast iron).
- Flip over when lightly browned, Cook on both sides.
- Enjoy with real butter! And for a sweetener, use either real maple syrup, raw honey, or just fruit.
Have a lovely weekend!