The Lord has allowed me to go through a number of health issues. Though it is always a trial and difficult, I learn so much through the experience and know I am to share what worked for me naturally to heal the various organs who were all damaged by living on a SAD and Westernized lifestyle for years before I found the nourishing way. I am hoping to write a post for the plan I used for each area that God has helped me heal naturally; including my thyroid, hypothalamus, pancreas, gallbladder, colon, adrenals, small intestines (or Leaky Gut Syndrome), and reproductive system.
Here’s what I did for my pancreas (mine exhibited its weakness as hypoglycemia, but it can show up as high blood sugar or pancreatitis):
- Went on a GAPS similar diet which consisted of only the following type foods:
- Low-sugar fruits (like blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- Raw honey (honey only for low blood sugar not high) and stevia as the only sweeteners
- Quinoa as my only “grain”
- Coconut and almond as my flours and homemade milks
- Grassfed meats, pastured eggs, lots of healthy fats
- Lots of salads and veggies
- Nuts and seeds
I did not do any sugar, sugar fruits (like strawberries, pineapple, melons, etc.); no grains, not even sourdough at this point; no dairy of any kind; no kombucha (sugar residue) or alcohol.
Since I was either pregnant or nursing, I did not use herbs or take oils internally. But the following could be used if you’re not one or the other.
- Nutmeg and Ocotea EO taken internally are great blood balancers and support the pancreas
- Orange EO topically 2-3 times a day on pancreas area
- Castor oil warm compress on pancreas – 2 times daily
- Pro-Pancreas by Nature’s Sunshine or
- Dr. Christopher’s Pancreas Formula
- Massage therapy and acupuncture
- Bio-feedback using Dicom and LifeSystem
- Emotional Prayer Release (as learned from the book “Feelings Buried Alive Never Die”)
- Lots of prayer to aid in guidance and release hindrances to healing
- Juicing with greens and apples (or celery and cucumbers)
- Foot detox bath (if not nursing/prego)
- Hot detoxing body soak (if not nursing/prego) – soak in hot water with ginger powder, healing clays, and Epsom salts – if nursing/prego doing a hot shower daily (with water aimed mostly at the back and not tummy if prego) will aid in circulating and promoting healing
- Moringa leaf powder – up to 4 tsp daily
- Either cod liver oil, butter oil or flax oil 1 tsp daily
- Food Enzymes/Probiotics (like GOL)
I am thankful that after almost a year of this type of lifestyle, my pancreas is now stable. I can enjoy my fresh milk and sucanat treats once in a while. The crazy mood swings have finally stabilized and am feeling overall a sense of contentment again. God is good. Who knew one organ was responsible for so much? I also healed my Leaky Gut at the same time while on this diet, and slowly have been healing my colitis. Stay tuned for more on what works for the other issues. May God bless you on your journey!