In an effort to create recipes that are simple and utilize only a few items, I am modifying some of my baking recipes. My older children are in the kitchen more and needing recipes, so this is one we adapted for them to bake their own snacks.
(Caleb (13) making cookies – nevermind the morning mess on the counter)
Sprouted Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup organic butter, (we like Rumiano from Azure)
- 2 cups sucanat
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 2 tsp baking soda, aluminum free
- dash stevia powder
- 4 pastured eggs
- 6 cups sprouted flour (we use one from Azure)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add salt and baking soda and mix until combined.
- Scrape sides and then add one egg at a time, mixing in completely.
- Add 1 cup of flour at a time until achieving a good firm consistency.
- Add chocolate chips (and any additionals – like nuts or coconut flakes)
- Mix the rest by hand to be sure all flour is off bottom of mixer bowl.
- Scoop out and bake cookies at 375 for 12-14 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy with some fresh milk!