I intended to make baked salmon with roasted potatoes tonight, but the kids insisted that we have pasta. I caved. So, still wanting to use the salmon, I went with this last minute concoction. It was a quick, one pot meal. I appreciate those.
Creamy Salmon Pasta
Serves 10-12 people
- 2 packages of brown rice pasta (we use Trader Joe’s)
- 2 cans wild-caught salmon
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups real cream
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 package of frozen peas
- Real salt, and Herbamare to taste
- Cook the pasta according to directions, with at least 2 Tablespoons of real salt in the water.
- Open all packages and cans.
- After straining pasta, pour back into its pot.
- Add salmon, cream, milk, garlic (minced), and peas.
- Mix well on a low heat.
- Add Herbamare and Real Salt to taste.
- Serve immediately with some fresh parmesan or romano cheese on top, fresh garden salad and you’re good to go.
This meal takes all of 30 minutes to put together start to finish. Enjoy! For more nourishing recipes, check out the Healthy Home Economist’s Monday Mania.