I have been using a blend of red raspberry in a mother to be tea for the last four pregnancies. After reading and researching the benefits of this amazing herb during pregnancy and afterwards, I have found it imperative to have each day. But I must say I tire of the typical blend of herbs found in a the pregnancy teas. Since the main herb that I want in the blend is red raspberry, I have decided to just throw it into whatever blend I decide to make up that day. Recently on our date night, my husband and I happened into Teavana. You know, the uber-expensive-all-about-tea store? After smelling just about everything I could imagine would be lovely, I took home one of their pamphlets that contained a list of their teas and their ingredients (along with my cup of tea I tried out). I was going to try to copy some of their delicious concoctions. Here is one of the blends I have made that I truly enjoy, even with the red raspberry leaf in it:
Red Raspberry Citrus Pregnancy Tea
makes about 2.5 strong cups or 4-5 not so strong cups
- 2 parts red raspberry leaf
- 2 parts red roobios tea
- pinch of hibiscus
- 1 part dried organic orange peel
- 1 part dried organic lemon peel
- 1 part dried figs, chopped
- I usually measure out about a teaspoon as my “part”. So, add each of the ingredients with into your tea pot (or other loose leaf holding tool).
- Pour in boiling, filtered water.
- Let steep for about 7-12 minutes.