Breast milk is an amazing composition that cannot be re-created. However, there are sometimes circumstances where nursing that little one is not possible. For parents wanting the next best thing to breastmilk, here is a formula that can be used. If you would like to read up on the toxicity and dangers of infant formulas on the market, here and here are some articles. All ingredients can be found on Amazon. If one is unable to locate a raw milk farmer (for the goat milk if baby is under 10 months, and raw cow if baby is over 10 months), there is a dried goat milk powder that is of good quality for this formula. Of course, a raw milk would be preferable to dry for its nutrient profile.
Fresh Goat Milk Formula
- 3 3/4 cup raw goat milk from reputable farmer
- 1 tsp Moringa powder (I use Jamaican Pure)
- 1 TB Blackstrap Molasses (organic)
- 1 TB fresh cow whey (if using goat – add 1 TB ghee)
- 1 tsp Renew Life Infant Probiotics
Mix all ingredients in blender and store in fridge for up to 1 week.
Dry Goat Milk Formula
- 3 cups of Mt. Capra goat milk, full fat
- 5 TB cow whey (Raw Grass Fed Whey by Happy Healthy Cows)
- 3 tsp Renew Life Infant Probiotics
- 3 TB Moringa powder
- add blackstrap molasses for flavor and minerals if needed
As the baby gets to be around 7 months of age, you can add 1 capsule of Vital Proteins Liver to each quart. Mix all ingredients (except the molasses) in a quart jar. Add 2 TB of mixture to 4 ounces of filtered water. Keep powder in the fridge for up to 3 months.