I must say I love a good tea party. When my oldest girl was little (she’s 18 now), we used to attend a formal tea party and always had such a sweet time. As Hannah (my 10 year old) grows older, she now loves making and sharing tea with others. On the menu, she requested to have chocolate cupcakes, with a strawberry on top. With the milder weather, dandelions are popping up. She picked a wide array and plans to make dandelion flower tea for the spread as well. The recipe I pieced together for the cupcakes turned out well, so for those looking for a sprouted flour, raw honey sweetened option…
makes about 36
- 6 pastured eggs
- 1 1/4 cup honey, raw
- 3/4 cup milk kefir (can also use yogurt or goat yogurt)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup butter, grassfed
- 1/2 cup palm oil (or coconut)
- 1 cup cocoa
- 3 cups sprouted organic flour (I used a mix of barley and pastry wheat from To Your Health Sprouted Co.)
- dash stevia
- splash of vanilla
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 2 TB gmo free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 365-375
- Add all ingredients to a Blendtec of high speed blender.
- Mix well.
- Pour out into paper lined cupcake pans.
- Bake at 365 for about 18-22 minutes.
- Allow to cool before frosting.