I am not a huge breakfast person. From the time feet hit the floor, it’s go, go go! However, I want to be sure that my kids get something filling and all their “vitamins” in for the day. I LOVE smoothies for this! They’re fast, can hide so much, and a one stop breakfast filler for up to 6 kids in my Blendtec. I’ll list off the ingredients that I throw into the blender and then explain each one.
Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie (for kids)
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup raw organic whey
- 4-5 cups raw organic milk
- 2 tsp Moringa
- 3 capsules (opened) Beef Liver
- 1 TB of a super berry (3 times a week) – acerola cherry, goji, or pomegranate
- 1/3 cup organic cocoa
- 1 cup sucanat (Sugar Cane Natural from Wholesome Sweeteners)
Add all and blend for 30 second on lowest setting. While blending, I give each kid (3 times a week or so) a scoop of Green Pasture’s Cod liver oil/Butter oil chocolate flavor with a dollop of raw honey on top.
- I use the avocado and banana to help “homogenize” the cream and the milk so that it does not separate – I want them to drink all that cream for the calories, fatty acids, and superfood that it is! Raw cream is a valuable, highly prized ingredient in traditional food cultures.
- Organic whey – I use this because it’s easy to get for me, since I can use the strained whey from homemade yogurt, or just clabbering a gallon of older milk; but also because of it’s probiotic components and extra protein benefit for growing children.
- Raw milk – AMAZING. Been using this traditional food for over 12 years now and have never looked back. For more info, check out westonaprice.org
- Moringa – a superfood multi-vitamin – God gifted us with everything you’d find in a “normal” multi-vitamin in one single tree, the Moringa Tree. To order some of the best around the globe or learn more, visit: moringatreeorganic.com
- Beef Liver- another highly prized superfood in the traditional food cultures of the world. Organically raised organ meats have been used for thousands of years for their life-giving properties. We use Vital Proteins for our favorite brand because their quality is superb. Check out: Vital Proteins
- Superberries – I use these on and off, depending on what is going on with our family. If people need an extra immune boost, I throw them in. Acerola cherry is also great for extra minerals for growing kids. Plus, the antioxidant qualities of these are so beneficial.
- Organic cocoa – holds a great mineral profile, which I appreciate for the kids. They can use those minerals up fast during a growth spurt, or healing process. My favorite company is Jedwards.
- Sucanat – With all the minerals not stripped away from the refining process, this product is less sweet tasting (which is great if you’re training your children’s palettes to appreciate natural sweetness), does not disrupt healthy gut flora (in moderation), and adds just the right sweetness for their morning shake. For children recovering from adrenal, pancreas, or brain issues, I would probably avoid this altogether and use fruit instead.
God bless you on your mission of raising healthy, vibrant children!
3 thoughts on “Daily Superfood Vitamins for the Whole Family”
Thanks great info! Do you have a recipe you use for adults? Also if I wanted to feed just 4 kids would I just cut the recipe in half?
Probably not in half, maybe by 1/4?
Thanks for this recipe, Gina! I remember you telling me how Moringa is like a multi-vitamin and share that helpful bit of information with others now! In addition to Moringa, I’ve been adding Amla (indian gooseberry), Baobab, and freshly chopped ginger in smoothies. The ginger gives it some kick but I’ve come to kind of like it and know it’s good for me, too.