This pregnancy has definitely thrown my digestive system for a loop. I am not able to digest my wonderful raw milk. I can digest it if it has been fermented in one way or another though (yogurt, kefir, buttermilk, etc.) I can also do soured cream, which is super nice; especially on taco night. I also have to give up beef for a season. Such a bummer, since we purchased a 1/4 100% grassfed cow this year. But God is still good and I really can’t complain. Things could and have been worse on my dietary restriction list.
It has been a while since I have had homemade ice cream, since everyone else in the house can have raw dairy just fine. But since yesterday was my birthday and my sweet daughter made me a sprouted chocolate cake with a beautifully decorated top (which I would have taken a picture of, but a certain 3 year old smeared it); I just had to make some ice cream that I could enjoy to go along with it.
Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream
fits the larger sized Cuisnart Ice Cream Maker
- 2 cups raw, soured cream
- 3 cups coconut milk (NOT from cans – unless you want BPA and aluminum in your coconut milk)
- 1 cup palm sugar
- 1/8-1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 small dropper of Vanilla Stevia (I like the NuNaturals brand)
- 1/3-1/2 cup raw cacao
- Pour all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on lowest setting for about 30 seconds.
- Pour ice cream into ice cream maker and follow its directions.
Enjoy your raw, probiotic coconut ice cream with some delightful treat, like birthday cake 🙂