It’s that time of year when you just want to get a big, soft blanket; cuddle up with the kids and enjoy hot tea and spice cookies. Here’s my latest spin on our basic cookie recipe:
Ginger Spice Cookies – gluten free
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cup sucanat
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 cups coconut, shredded
- 2 in knob of fresh ginger, grated finely
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp real salt
- 1 tsp stevia powder (green herb kind)
- Blend nuts and seeds in Blendtec or similar blender until fine.
- Mix butter, nuts and seeds in mixer until combined.
- Add sugar, soda, salt, stevia, and spices – mix well.
- Add each egg separately.
- Pour in each cup of flour until well incorporated.
- Add coconut flakes and mix until combined.
- Scoop out on cookie sheet/baking stone and bake 10-12 minutes in a preheated oven at 375.
- Enjoy during story time with some fresh milk or hot tea.