Now that I can have spicy foods again, I have been trying to build up my repertoire in the fiery seasoned world. Since hot peppers are not sprayed, they easy to find at most stores and don’t have to be organic. I bought some Anaheim and Pablano peppers to experiment with. I have used them for sauteed dishes as well as homemade salsas so far. I also want to start including more of the orange/yellow colored spices into my cooking, since they’re so amazingly good for you. Here’s what I cam up with for lunch today:
Spicy Veggie Eggs
- 1/4 of onion, chopped
- 2-4 Tb coconut oil
- 2 large Bellini mushrooms
- 1/4 of Anaheim and Pablano peppers
- 1 small sweet potato, preferably cooked
- 2 pastured eggs
- Real Salt, fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp or more to taste turmeric
- dash cardamom (optional)
- 1 tsp cilantro
- Sautee the onions, mushrooms, peppers, and potato in the coconut oil until soft.
- Add spices, salt and herbs.
- Add eggs, being careful not to break the yolk.
- Cook until whites of eggs are mostly cooked, gently flip over and turn off the heat.
- Allow to set for just a minute to finish cooking the white, but keeping the yolks uncooked.