After successfully killing several bouts of overgrown yeast, I thought I’d post the protocol and diet that is necessary to follow in order to kill out the bad yeast/fungus and allow the good to repopulate and rebalance the entire body. The supplements I recommend I have used either personally for myself or for my family with good results. Depending on how severe your problem is will depend on which one you decide to use. Also, there are recommendations for the ones safest for children or nursing/pregnant mothers. Keep in mind if you’ve dealt with leaky gut or have had lived/been in a mold environment, it is best to do a yeast cleanse; as the chances that the bad have overtaken the good is highly probable in those compromised situations. I really recommend getting a health consult and use muscle response testing with a trusted professional to see exactly what would be best for each individual situation.
This diet is also good for those recovering from any parasitic infection, toxin overload, diabetic (in which case no raw honey), and other illnesses.
For adults and children: Olive Leaf extract along with Mountain Meadow’s Yeast X V.
For adults and children over 2 (children still at half the adult serving): Can-Sol by Pure Herbs -2 tsp once a day for 15 days. This is the MAIN supplement I use.
If the yeast is from a parasite or of a particular strain, 5 drops of ProShield (ameo) and 2 oregano for 14 days could work; Dr Christopher’s INF formula; and Goldenseal root might do the job.
I would also recommend some good immune aids as well to help the microbiota and immune cells to be their most optimal – Goji berries, Nature’s Sunshine Nature’s Chi, Elderberry are all great ideas.
For nursing/pregnant mothers and children under 2 (children still at 1/2 adult dose, and 1/4 dose if under 2 years): 1 tsp colloidal silver – once a day for 15 days. Olive Leaf Extract is also acceptable: (1/4 dropper once a day for 2-4 yrs; 1/2 dropper daily for 4-8 yr) 9 y and up 1 dropper twice daily. Olive leaf will not work for major yeast infections or ones that have been systemic for a long time. I would look into doing the one from Mt Meadow or after a nursing baby is at least 10 months old, I would use the Can Sol.
Renew Life Probiotics are great – they also have one for kids. (Do triple dose for 3 months to reclaim good gut flora.)
Diet (to be done for at least 2 to 3 months; longer if you’ve had this problem for a long time):
- SUGAR – of any kind – sugar FEEDS yeast and harmful pathogens – this includes any gluten containing grains and corn as well
- Canned foods – in aluminum canning
- Vinegar – including Kombucha **for yeast issues**
- Packaged meats (like deli meats)
- No processed or boxed foods – NO JUNK 🙂
- No gluten containing grains unless sprouted
- No cow dairy – not even cheese, trust me you can live without it for just 2 months 🙂 – for recovery diet can have goat cheese and raw goat milk
- No sugar fruits (cherries, grapes, oranges, bananas, etc. – look it up for a complete list) *** for yeast issues**
- No starchy white potatoes, or pumpkin
- Mushrooms (only for yeast cleanse)
- peanuts, cashews, pistachios – **yeast issues** organically in a nut butter
- corn – in any form
- soy – unless fermented like miso
The Yes Foods:
- Grass-fed, pastured meats – organic
- Proteins – pastured eggs (must be local), nuts, seeds, avocados, coconuts
- Good fats – organic butter, olive, sesame, flax, coconut oils, grassfed tallow, avocado oil
- Sprouted grains – make your own sprouted grain bread, or just avoid breads for a couple weeks
- Soaked brown rice or oats
- Low-glycemic fruits – like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, goji berries, pears, apples, lemons, grapefruit
- All veggies – except for carrots unless cooked, not juiced and minimally
- Yams or sweet potatoes, squashes (like spaghetti or butternut, delicata or acorn)
- Coconut or almond milk – make your own or get unsweetened without additives
- Raw honey or stevia – will not feed yeast – no honey if high blood sugar recovery
- For a meal replacement protein, you can use goat whey protein.
- Legumes/beans soaked and cooked properly
- Raw and organic goat milk products (for most cases) – cheese, kefir, raw milk
- almonds, walnuts, pecans, macademia, hazelnuts (organic as these are heavily sprayed)
That’s about it. It’s very similar to the GAPS diet. So, if you’ve been on that diet anyways, it’d be good to do a yeast cleanse while you’re there. This is a great detox diet in general for any kind of cleanse – colon, kidney, liver, parasites, heavy metals, etc. If you haven’t done one or all of these cleanses at least once a year, I would really recommend it. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as the saying goes. But really, if I could avoid having any dis-ease just by detoxing and “fasting” from certain foods and using the right herbs/oils/supplements, it’s worth so much more in my time and energy, emotional health – not to mention the health of those I am responsible to take care of! God bless you on your journey towards being fully whole!