Do you ever get bored with the same stand by recipes? I do! The following recipe uses Jovial brown rice elbows (Jovial brown rice is my favorite pasta brand); goat milk, and goat cream cheese (as I am on a modified Recovery Diet until this baby weight is off) – though it would work just fine with organic, raw cow dairy. For recipes like this, where the pasta and sauce are neutral, try experimenting with various spice blends. I buy them in bulk through our Frontier buying group (the Berbere Spice blend – can be found anywhere online though).
Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake
- 2 boxes under cooked Jovial brown rice elbows, salted (I use pink salt)
- 1 cup chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet peppers
- 2-4 cans Planet Earth (BPA free lining, wild caught) Tuna (or leftover fish – I used left over salmon), drained
- 3 cups frozen greens (I get an organic baby greens mix, throw the bag in the freezer and then crumble up handfuls into whatever dish or smoothie I need it for)
—–Throw all these ingredients in an extra large baking dish (or 2 9×13″ pans)——-
Sauce — In the blender add:
- 3 cups goat milk (or raw cow milk)
- 12 oz goat cream cheese (or regular organic cream cheese)
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup sprouted flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Frontier’s Berbere (or the like – or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tsp dried mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Add all the first set of ingredients to a large baking dish.
- Pour the blended sauce over the pasta blend and mix well.
- Top with Asiago cheese.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
The bowl pictured was all that was left after 11 people devoured it.