Who doesn’t love a good creamy pasta? However sometimes it’s hard to have raw organic cream on hand for a good Alfredo sauce. Here is a good substitute recipe for just that occasion.
serves 8 people
- 1 1/2 box of organic brown rice fusilli, cooked Al dente in salted water
- 1/3 cup organic butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package organic turkey bacon
- 1/2 tsp garlic/pepper seasonings
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped or pressed
- Pink or real salt to taste
- 1 cup organic whey (strained from either yogurt making or cheese making – I used goat whey) – can use more if your sauce is too thick
- 1 container organic cream cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups frozen or fresh peas
- Start the sauce and the water for pasta at the same time. Make sure to salt your water (with pink or Real Salt).
- Add the butter, sliced bacon, onion, garlic and seasonings to a skillet. Sautee until bacon is cooked and onions are translucent.
- While the water is heating up/pasta is cooking, add the rest of the ingredients to your sauce.
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed well. Add salt to taste.
- Keep checking your sauce and add in seasoning or salt as needed for optimal flavor.
- Cook the sauce on low until the pasta is cooked and strained.
- Add sauce to the strained pasta.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Hope your family devours this as mine did! Enjoy!